Monday, November 24, 2008

Detached Retina (Update #7)

This morning I saw Dr. Wyant for a follow-up visit. It has been a week since my surgery and he was checking to see how things are healing. I have been having a little pain in the left eye ever since the surgery. It is about 2/10 dull throbbing pain. I also have some itching which is minimal and not very consistent. The other thing that is bothering me is the sutures that they put in to hold the lens are poking me in the eye - it has gotten better since the surgery but it is still there and is a little aggravating. I relayed all this information to the doctor and he went ahead with his exam. The eye is healing, the retina is attached and looks good and the lens is in place. He told me that everything was going as planned and that hopefully all my symptoms will decrease soon. He has me putting more of the eye drops in each day to hopefully take care of the inflammation and pain. I am following his directions and I still have at least two more weeks of taking it easy and the doctor still hasn't released me from work. I have another appointment on Monday, December 8, 2008 and he will decide if he will release me back to work and normal activity. I can't say that I am happy about two more weeks of doing nothing but since everything is healing I guess it will all be okay in the long run. I'll write again in two weeks to let you know what is happening.


4 comments :

hawkhammer said...

Your sight will be better. I under went a similar detached retina and lens implant. I am still healing but my sight is as good as before w/glasses. You will help a lot of people as there is so little written from the patient's point of view.
Thanks

Mark said...

Thanks hawkhammer for your kind words. I do hope someone can get some kind of help from my blog about my detached retina.
Mark

Laura said...

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this again. I hope that tomorrow's appointment goes well.

Laura/dewberry

Mark said...

Thanks dewberry!
I have every reason to believe that my eye is healing well and tomorrow's appointment will be great.
Mark