Monday, March 30, 2009

Detached Retina (Update #11)

Today I had a follow up visit with Dr. Wyant regarding me left eye. All is well . . . meaning the retina is still attached and looks good. He even noticed a slight improvement in the vision of the left eye and that made me extremely happy. He asked if I had any problems and the only thing that I have noticed is that my left eye gets really red by the end of the day if I had to do a lot of reading or work on the computer. So he gave me some drops (Nevanac) and told me to use them when the eye was red. He also looked at my new glasses and recorded the new prescription. He seemed glad that I had seen my regular eye doctor and got new glasses to meet my vision needs. I have to confess that the new glasses are working out great - they are progressives (which had nothing to do with the detached retina and everything to do with getting older) and they really have helped both my near and far vision. So all in all it was a good appointment and things are continuing to improve. I don't have to return to his office for another six months - my next appointment is October 26, 2009 and that makes me happy because it means that things are going well and he isn't worried about anything.

Detached Retina . . . One Year Later

No comments :