Monday, December 8, 2008

Detached Retina (Update #8)

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay,
My, oh, my, what a wonderful day.


I had a follow-up with Dr. Wyant today and what a great follow-up it was.

My eye still is a little sore and itches every now and then but it is definitely getting better. Also, light really bothers me - I was putting Atropine drops in my eye four times a day to keep it dilated - so anytime the light or sun was too bright I would get a lot of discomfort. Hopefully that will end soon because I no longer have to use those drops. The only drops I need now are the Pred Forte (three times a day for inflammation) - WooHoo!

Dr. Wyant was happy to see that the retina is still attached and looks good. The lens is in place and healing well. And the overall look of the eye is better. On my own I don't see much difference in my vision but the doctor tested it and there was improvement since my last visit two weeks ago. He is letting me slowly go back to normal activity over the next week and by December 18th I am released back to work and all restrictions are lifted.

He does want to see me in three weeks (December 29th) for another check up - and I hope that will be the last - but we will have to see. Anyway, it is all good news and I couldn't be happier.

Detached Retina (Update #9)

1 comment :

John and Diane said...

YEAH!!! Excellent news. I can't stand having my eyes dilated - so that will help to have that over with.
-D