Saturday, March 30, 2019

Another Day in Birgu

Last night was a weird night for me. I had a hard time sleeping and was up a couple of time during the night. I went to bed around 9:30pm (Thomas had gone to bed earlier and was already asleep) and fell asleep right away. Then around 2:00am I woke up and tossed and turned and finally around 3:00am I got up and did some work on the computer - editing pictures and blogging. At around 4:30am I went back to bed and was able to sleep until 6:00am when I woke up again and read for a while. I was feeling weird this morning - I had a headache, my mind felt like it was in a cloud, my body was achy and my mouth was dry. Around 7:00am I fell asleep again and slept until 10:00am. I finally got out of bed and took a shower. Once dressed I was feeling a little better. While I was sleeping Deanne and Thomas had gone to the grocery store with Jessica to get us some food for the apartment. Once Deanne and Thomas had returned we put the groceries away and then we all went for a walk. We followed the waterfront in front of the apartment, walked around Kalkara Creek over to Kalkara. We visited David's Bakery and St. Joseph Church before heading back and making our way into Birgu. We walked around the area and went into a couple of parks, sat and relaxed and enjoyed the beautiful day. Around 4:30pm we returned to the apartment and relaxed for a while.

At 5:00pm Jessica came to the apartment and we visited for a while and around 6:00pm we headed out for dinner. We ended up eating at Sottovento on the waterfront. We had a really nice dinner except we were dining outside and it began to get cold. It was a little uncomfortable but we enjoyed our dinner just the same. After we ate Jessica left the restaurant and headed back to her apartment and we went back to ours. Thomas and I got jackets and then went out for an evening walk. We made our way along some of the small, out of the way streets. The town was quiet and peaceful and beautiful. We loved our walk and it was a nice way to end the day. Back at the apartment Thomas went to bed but I stayed up and read for a while. Looking forward to exploring more of the island tomorrow.

No comments :