Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

Tonight Thomas and I invited a few friends over to carve pumpkins, have dinner and roast marshmallows over the fire and make s'mores. Diane, John and Chris came over and we chatted for a while and had some wine. Then we sat down for dinner of salad, chicken alfredo and garlic bread. Then after dinner we moved to another room and started carving pumpkins. Chris chose to draw his own design (a Jack-o-Lantern face), Diane and John carved a pumpkin together (a skeleton) and I started working on a design I got off of the internet (Frankie). While we were doing that Thomas was outside starting a fire in the firepit. I guess I was moving slow because everyone finished their pumpkins and I had just barely started.
Thomas called us outside to start roasting marshmallows and make the s'mores so Diane, John and Chris took their pumpkins outside and lit them. I left mine inside to finish carving after we ate the s'mores. I had carved a pumpkin the night before and we put the three of them together to take pictures. So we sat around the fire and roasted the marshmallows and ate s'mores until we had had enough of the cold and wind. We then came inside and relaxed and talked for a little while. We had a great time and I really enjoyed the s'mores - it has been a long time since I had them. Once everyone was gone I finished my pumpkin. I think they all came out great.

No comments :