Sunday, November 1, 2009

A New Challenge For Me

Last year I thought about joining National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo) where you write 30 posts in 30 days but I just wasn't sure if I had enough to say or even if I wanted to say anything - especially every single day. But for the past year I have blogged more and now I really want to give it a try. Part of my problem is do I have anything to say or does anyone really want to read what I have to say. But I realize it doesn't matter. I can write about anything, even if it doesn't make sense and if no one likes it that doesn't matter either - the real reason for doing this is to get better at blogging. I have a lot of thoughts inside my head and most of the time I have a difficult time organizing them. I am hoping that this little project helps me to get them organized and I can write about them.

So I have joined NaBloPoMo and this is my first post. I want to focus on what is happening around me and write a little about it. For the past two years I have been doing a photography blog called As I See It. I take pictures everyday and post one picture on the blog for that day. It has helped me to look at things around me in a totally new way. I notice more and have gotten better at taking pictures. I am looking at this challenge in the same way - maybe it will help me to think about my world differently and open my mind a little. It may even help me to become a better writer (since I have never seen myself that way).

I spent a lot of time today debating about whether or not to start this project and there were more positives than negatives. I guess I spent too much time thinking about it and not actually doing it since here it is the end of the day and I am just now posting. Now that I am actually writing something I am feeling more confident that I can do this. There are quite a few things that I want to write about and I am looking forward to finding my own style and improving my skills. So with one day down there are only 29 more to go.

1 comment :

John and Diane said...

Looking forward to reading your daily posts! Sounds like a fun project.
-D