Monday, April 8, 2019

Making Our Way From Malta to Massachusetts

We were up early this morning - we had a few things to take care of before heading out to the airport. The apartment we rented had a list of things we needed to do before locking up and heading out. We had to start a load of towels in the washer, turn off the hot water heaters, empty the trash and put the keys back in the lock box outside. So once we had packed and completed the list we relaxed and read for about an hour while waiting for our taxi to pick us up at 9:00am. About 15 minutes before the taxi showed up Graham and Jessica came by to see us off. We visited with them until the taxi showed up and then we were off to the airport bringing an end to our Maltese Adventure.
The check in and security at the airport went fast and smooth. We made our way to Gate G4 and had about an hour to wait for our flight to Rome. We boarded the plane and luckily it wasn't a full flight and Thomas and I had a row to ourselves. We made the hour and a half flight to Rome without any issues - we both read the entire time. Once at the Rome airport we had to go from Terminal A to Terminal E - it was quite a bit of a jaunt. But we had a little more than an hour layover so we had plenty of time to walk the distance. In no time we were boarding our flight back to the states.

Let me just start off saying this was a really awful flight. First, it was packed and second the woman in front of kept her seat reclined the entire flight. I had no space, I wasn't even able to eat because I couldn't put the tray table down and the woman outright refused to put her seat up. I was so pissed. For most of the flight I kept shaking her seat and pushing on it - I made sure she didn't get any rest. This was the rudest person I have ever encountered on a flight. I read most of the time because that was really the only thing I could do. It was hard to watch a movie because of the angle of the seat so I just read. By the time we landed I was so tired and my neck hurt - it was so uncomfortable. But thankfully the eight and a half hour flight ended and I was so happy to get off the plane. We made our way to customs and that went pretty fast. Then we retrieved our luggage and met Dave and Deanne's friend, Mark for our ride back to Leominster.

We got settled in the car and then we were off. I was so tired from the flight that I fell asleep in the car and they woke me up when we arrived at the house. All I could think of was taking a shower and going back to sleep. So I went up to our room and did just that. Thomas stayed downstairs and he, Dave and Deanne had something to eat. I hope I feel better tomorrow.

No comments :