Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Our Maltese Adventure Comes to an End

Thomas and I both woke up around 6:00am. So we showered, dressed and finished packing for our flight home today. Once everything was packed and we straightened out our room we took our bags downstairs and went to have breakfast with Dave and Deanne. After breakfast we visited, worked on the jigsaw puzzle, read and relaxed. At lunch we had sandwiches and a little later we left for the airport in Manchester.
Dave and Deanne dropped us off and we said our goodbyes. Then Thomas and I checked our bags in and then made our way to security. Everything went quickly and in no time we were at our gate waiting on our flight. The flight from Manchester to Chicago Midway was good. It wasn't a full flight and we had the row to ourselves. We spent the flight reading and before we knew it we were landing. Once at Midway we made our way to our next gate and we had a little over two hours layover. So we got something to eat and spent the rest of the time reading. When it was time we boarded our plane and this time is was crowded. The other person in our row was obese - not just fat but obese. She hung over into my seat and I was forced to push up against the opposite arm rest and was up against Thomas. It was uncomfortable and I really felt like she should have paid for two seats. I eventually lifted the arm rest between me and Thomas and we snuggled up and went to sleep. The flight to Albuquerque went fast since we both dozed off for most of it. I was so happy to get off that plane, We made our way to baggage claim, grabbed our luggage and found the shuttle to our car.

I was so glad when we were in the car heading home. This had to be the worst trip for airports and airplanes that we have ever experienced. But even with those bad parts the rest of the trip was amazing and we had a great time in Malta. I would really like to make a trip back there sometime.

No comments :